Sunday, April 16, 2017

Speaking of Vaccinations...

This is a TB reactive mark. Now, volunteers have to get a Tuberculosis injecting in the top layer of their skin and let it sit for 2 days. (Imagine this. 30 minutes there, a shot that takes 5 minutes, 30 minutes back - 2 days later- Repeat.)  People who don't have the bacteria that can cause Tuberculosis should have no marking or swelling on their arm after the shot and would have to go test on the other arm for a follow up. You could say I was lucky that I didn't need to go for a follow up but unlucky to realize that I had reacted to TB. It's not as bad as it sounds, I just have the bacteria that can become active and cause TB,  I don't show any symptoms of TB which is the only indicator that I have it (really makes you think if this statement is redundant or can some argue observational interpretation?). I had to get a chest x-ray to see if the bacteria spread to my lungs. This hurts me more in elongating the process of volunteering than it does my lungs...

No comments:

Post a Comment